For the past seven years, the team at Silence has been designing, developing and manufacturing Electric Scooters and Battery packs with in-house developed technology. We are a great team making a dream come true: improving people´s life and the cities we all live in.
We are looking for an accountable project engineer to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. This may include electrical and mechanical design aspects. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. You will have a proven track record of having delivered complex automotive projects from developing a prototype to industrialization and commercialization of a product.
Note candidates for this position must have either electrical or mechanical design knowledge, with support engineers providing assistance as needed. Candidates with both electrical and mechanical experience will be given preference.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects to achieve maximum efficiency and profitability.
- Monitor compliance to applicable practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Develop scope and parameters for project design and implementation.
- Identify project responsibilities, delegating phases and elements to the appropriate personnel.
- Interact daily with all stakeholders, internal client and contractors to ensure needs and requirements are fully understood and mile stones achieved in a timely manner.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel´s performance, etc) and report regularly on project status.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with CTO and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions; control full project-plan lifecycle.
- Proven working experience as a project engineer, minimum 10 years experience managing projects from prototype to industrialization in the automotive industry.
- Excellent knowledge of process engineering, from concept development to production.
- Proposal development – Ability to write clear proposals with scope, deliverables and assumptions clearly defined.
- Ability to remain focused on delivery and to simplify complex trades-offs into simple choices to support decision makers.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Strong communication, client awareness, and proven-solving skills.
- Experienced in developing good suppliers relationships.
- Decision making ability and leadership skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Highly motivated to succeed, a self-starter who is driven and able to work with others effectively to “get things done”.
- Design and Analysis – requirements documentation, compliance, a general understanding of mechanical and structural design. Ability to specify key analysis or interpret results.
- Familiar with cooling systems and with industry energy storage system suppliers chain.
- Experienced with designing and realizing of Automotive components.
- Awareness of industry trends and best practices (cell chemistry).
- BS degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electric Engineering.
- Project Management accreditation certification PMP or equivalent.
Good command of German language is a must for this position.